Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ruby seat adjusters

On a Ruby do the adjusters on the seat frames go along side the propshaft tunnel or on the door side of the seat frames ?

Re: Ruby seat adjusters

From memory - they go on the propshaft side Nigel.

Thanks R , I guessed they did but wanted to be sure.

This is how mine looks:

photo 20161114_154425_1.jpg

Ruby seat adjusters photo 20161114_154445.jpg

The operating lever (spring-loaded) points rearwards (to avoid catching clothing) and there is a little cut out in the carpet covered side panel for fingers to grip, the bar cannot go against the transmission tunnel as there is not any room for this to slide into, the cut-out adjustment notches on both of the seat arms themselves engage on each side of the seat with the operating lever, hope that helps.

Nigel's car is a very late Mk2 - your Mk1 is very different set up Gary. I will try and post photos to illustrate the differences.

Nigel writes:

Hi R
Many thanks for your reply , enclose photos to show Gary Edwards the difference , Regards Nigel.

photo DSCF0009_zps5v78tlww.jpg

photo DSCF0008_zpsoasjfbzt.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo R , as can be seen from the photo of the floors the sound deadening still survives , its a 32 thousand mile car taken off the road in 1960.