Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Out riggers

Re my measurements for the out riggers , they were taken from the chassis rail lip, and are 137mm and 128mm.

Peter - presumably by "outriggers" you mean that part of the cross member that protrudes past the longitudinal rail each side. If so, work it out this way : - the front cross member is 30 1/2" wide @ the top, 27 1/2" @ the bottom. The rear cross member is 40 1/2" wide @ top, 35" @ bottom. As both members have a ball joint at their respective exact centres, you could measure out from there and check how much your "outrigger" should protrude each side. Sadly your metric figure means nothing to me, as Sevens were (with a couple of exceptions) built to Imperial dimensions. Also, the front and the rear edges of the "outrigger" by measure would be different out from the long rail lip because they are not at right angles to each other? Trust I haven't confused you. Cheers, Bill

Thanks for the info. Bill, I've had a couple of replies on other forums and it would appear that the lengths vary quite a bit. As a result of this I am happy that nothing is amiss.

Peter - they shouldn't vary at all - perhaps some have been busy with a hacksaw. The RP chassis I measured shows no sign of being "got at". Hope this helps. Cheers, Bill