Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Weather Warnings!

I hope everyone up there in Blighty is OK following the storms and rain - I have seen some flooding on the telly in the Bristol area.

Things are pretty rough too down here in Rekkersland - we're on orange alert for heavy rain and storms. (Orange means hang on tight, red means pull your backside over your head and hope the house is still there in the morning). Overnight we've had about 8" of rain judging by the amount I've had to pump out of the pool, and there's another 8-10" forecast for here over the next 24hrs, and the forecast is for rain and more rain until Sunday. Some people are going to get wet because the ground is sodden and the run-off is torrential. Fortunately chateau récquers sits at 285m above mean sea level so if we get flooded it will really be something. We also sit in a dominant position some 50m above the rest of the village so no worries there apart from the run-off from the hills behind us.

We are right in the epicentre of an "episode cévenole" which can create horrendous flooding further down the water courses. We are battened down for a rough night.

My C15 is primed and ready to go if we need to venture out. (That's the Citroën not the BSA)

The mobile phone signal has gone - I reckon the wind or a tree has damaged the relay mast. Fortunately I've still got t'internet although the leccy keeps faltering from time to time.

Fingers crossed all is well in the morning. Not all sunshine and ambre solaire down here you know! WD40 would be more appropriate.

Re: Weather Warnings!

Talking to Malcolm on the phone a couple of hours ago I said that this might well be the last time the two of us ever speak to each other because judging by the weather outside, the end of the World is happening tonight.

All I can think is that Donald Trump has already pressed something he shouldn't have

Steve

Us impoverished Yorshiremen that live in cardboard boxes are on high alert!

Fortunately the garage is quite well built.

Know what you meen lads.

We didn't get any daylight here today.

Areas of the garden are under 4 inches of water.

Not a nice day for working in the cold.

And i have to travel to London early tomorrow to pick the flat tanker up.

Tony.

Malcolm Parker
Us impoverished Yorshiremen that live in cardboard boxes are on high alert!

A cardboard box?
Luxury
When I were a lad there were 14 of us living in a paper bag at bottom of a lake.

We are on an amber weather warning tonight,winds expected up to force 10.
Saturday night was gusts up to force 12,that was 93 mph!

A lake?!

You lucky, lucky b******d. I was one of the hundred a sixty living in the shoebox in the middle of the road!

Nick Salmon
A lake?!

You lucky, lucky b******d. I was one of the hundred a sixty living in the shoebox in the middle of the road!

Shoebox! We had to run about in bare feet and paper bags went onto a spike in the outside loo.

Charles. Rural Norfolk

I've just come in from lickin 'road clean wi ' tongue

Duncan Grimmond
I've just come in from lickin 'road clean wi ' tongue

Tasty Perhaps a little too much salt perchance?

But how would you cope wi' Earthquake on top o'eet oorl? ?
Cheers From the shakey isles
Still getting after shocks as I write

I realise now that I had a very priviledged upbringing!

stephen hainsworth
But how would you cope wi' Earthquake on top o'eet oorl? ?
Cheers From the shakey isles
Still getting after shocks as I write

Another good one this morning woke me up about 5am.

With bad weather you know it's coming and also that it is going to stop. You get some chance to prepare. With these quakes you never know when they hit and when one does you never know if this one will be a really big one that won't stop before your house falls down on top of you! Then after the quake you have to worry about the tsunami. We have blue lines painted on the roads here to show you what point you have to go past to be safe.

I am VERY glad one of the first things I did when I moved here was bolt all the shelving in the house and garage firmly to the walls. I had my tree stump topple over in the garage and somehow miraculously miss hitting the aluminium body of the Austin. And the Riley chassis, on it's wheeled dolly, moved about a metre across the floor. Luckily away from the side of my other car.

Was only after that I realised the castors on that dolly have brakes!

The big quake the other week was followed by bad weather. Luckily I wasn't affected here. It took my boss 5 hours to get home instead of his usual 20 minutes because flooding closed off the main roads out of Welly.

Hopefully you chaps are over the worst of the weather there now?

Simon