Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Old photo found on the net - is this an Austin 7 ?

Here I go again its amazing that I get anywhere , it's the other left. Never was good on left and right. The Mayflower behind the car on the RIGHT.
Think positive , it was a Mayflower and couldn't be 1935 , got some right

I think it is a Morris Minor Tourer. Some of the motoring magazines in the 1950's had articles on how to add a 'boot' to your pre-war car and I think this might have happened in this case. Somewhere I have a magazine showing you how to make a luggage compartment for your Austin 7 Box saloon but it is perhaps better if it is not given worldwide publicity!

Chris Lambert of the Pre War Minor Register states:

"It is a 1931 Morris Minor scuttle tank SV Tourer with modified rear body. It has a painted screen surround, the correct wheel centres for a 1931 season car on the front ( Magna type from '32 - '34 on the rear ) while the upright SV only headlights are located higher than on the OHC models. Bonnet length and wheel base are spot for a Minor. The hood looks quite strange, and not original, whilst the rear body treatment has not enhanced the car's looks IMO.
Just 251 1931 SV Tourers were built - so one of the rarest Minors. Is a high resolution version available? "

Many thanks Chris for this definitive reply.