Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ulster Tappets.

Does anyone have any photographs of the tappet and thimble as fitted to the original Ulster engine? I believe there where differences between the types fitted to the supercharged engines and the unsupercharged engines.

Re: Ulster Tappets.

Any use (un-supercharged engine)?

photo Ulster Valve copy 2_zpskpvqozmu.jpg

Thanks Ruairidh,
your picture shows the button and shim. Does anyone now have one of the tappet, or know the standard length of one?

Robert, I have some supercharged tappets and buttons at my storage unit. The ones I am sure I have are flattened by Williams but I think I have some others in a tin. Will get the details to you in due course if no one responds here first.
Regards,
Stuart

Sorry can't help you Robert,have never seen one!You could reverse engineer if the Ulster valve length is known and compare to std valve/tappet set up.

Austin in the shed
Sorry can't help you Robert,have never seen one!You could reverse engineer if the Ulster valve length is known and compare to std valve/tappet set up.

By reputation there's a good reason why you've never seen one Dave. Probably the same reason that Stuart's are in a tin in storage rather than in an engine.

Charles

Robert Foreman
Thanks Ruairidh,
your picture shows the button and shim. Does anyone now have one of the tappet, or know the standard length of one?

Sorry Robert - the photo was taken a long time ago and I don't have the engine here. I have looked, but cannot find any photos of exactly what you are looking for, sorry.