Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PHOTOBUCKET

Reckless Rat
Well I give up!
After taking about 10 minutes Photobucket finally allowed me to log in. Then when I clicked on the "download" button it chucked me off and wanted me to log in again. Then I just end up in a never ending circle of log on, log off.
I've even tried using a different internet server but it's still the same.
Ball ocks to it. I'll use another site.

I had the same abysmal experience, so opened a Flickr account. It loads photos quickly, but unfortunately I havn't yet found a way to get an insertion code to place photos right into the forum. Hmmm!

Ruairidh has asked me to post this for everyone's info. As a result of lmy last post he has shown me how to get round this Photobucket glitch.

First of all, log on (if the site doesn't already remember you)
DON'T click on the blue download button but click on "LIBRARY"

When your library of photos opens in the top left corner of your photos a blue box appears with click to download or drag photos. Click on this and you can download as normal.

Here's proof:

It's a picture of the modified inlet manifold on my RP (during mods)

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Thank you kind sir!

You're welcome!

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Bill James

I had the same abysmal experience, so opened a Flickr account. It loads photos quickly, but unfortunately I havn't yet found a way to get an insertion code to place photos right into the forum. Hmmm!

My friend of many years, M. Reckers, has detailed how you do it with Photobucket so this is how it's done with Flickr.

First, you up load your photo onto the Flickr site. You then need to click onto the photo so it opens it up. When you do that, you'll find four symbols on the bottom right hand side of your screen. Click on the one that looks like an arrow pointing right (for me, it's one symbol in from the right). If you hover over it you get a legend 'Share Photo'. A box appears with four headings. You need the one saying 'BB Code'. You also need to select a size. I use 'Medium 640 x 480. The BB Code will now be highlighted in blue. Copy this code (Ctrl C). Paste this code into the box on the Forum that you type your message into (Ctrl V). You'll then see four different codes in the Forum box. Delete all except the one starting with img in square brackets and finishing with /img in square brackets. It should include the legend 'C7.staticflickr.com'.

Complete your message and click 'Post'. Your photo will (should!!) appear on the Forum.

Yes, it's a bit of a fiddle as is Photobucket and any of the other hosting sites but, once you're used to it, it becomes second nature and is easy. The problem is that these hosting sites look to 'improve' things regularly which seems to translate as make things more difficult for the majority so things might change at some point.

Steve

I have generally got Photobucket to work but it has become much slower to load of late with many advertisements popping up and stopping me reaching the final photograph page.

The 'sign on' is also terrible, coming and going regularly !

If I get through this, wait and cancel the various 'pop ups', it finally gives a page of pictures together with the upload button.

Then you must select the correct format !!

Terribly 'clunky'

Cheers, Tony.

Trial to see if I can get my Avatar back!

Edit: SUCCESS!!!

testing new avatar ?
Woohoo !

Hi Steve,
Signed up to Flikr but cant get a BB code option. Only get SHARE or EMAIL options when clicking on arrow icon. Share is limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pininterest and another.
Just dont see how I can get a BB code at all!!!!! Very frustrating.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul N-M

photo IMG_0237_zpswcmf34p8.jpg

Test
This is using Photobucket. Photo a bit large though but at least it worked!
See what everyone means about being bombarded with ads!

Paul N-M

Trial photo

URL=http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/simon5350/media/P1050376.jpg.html[/URL]

Oh!

It worked.

How did I do that?

Under the picture from my library is an "http....line of gobble****ok.
I copied and pasted it here, and removed the first left hand and the first right hand square bracket, nothing else.

I think that is what I did. I will get another pic and try and do it again.

The pic is relevant to an earlier thread about paint lines on a '34 Tourer.

Simon

Paul Neil-MacLachlan
Hi Steve,
Signed up to Flikr but cant get a BB code option. Only get SHARE or EMAIL options when clicking on arrow icon. Share is limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pininterest and another.
Just dont see how I can get a BB code at all!!!!! Very frustrating.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul N-M

Anyone out there know how I navigate to get a BB code? I'm probably being an idiot but I just don't see how!!!!!!
Please help. Photobucket driving me up the wall.

Paul N-M

What is a BB code?

From Wikipedia;- "BB code - Bulletin Board code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards." which probably doesn't help much.

It is basically a set of instructions to the BB that tells it to display pictures, add links or format text. If when replying to a message on here there is "bb code" link above the reply box, if you click on this it will give examples of what can be done.

photo CIMG0648_3.jpg

The picture above is displayed because I inserted text a bit like this into the message:-

a href="http://s922.photobucket.com/user/daveg1960/media/CIMG0648_3.jpg.html" target="_blank" img

src=http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad63/daveg1960/CIMG0648_3.jpg border="0" alt=" photo CIMG0648_3.jpg"//a

I have removed some characters from the above so that the BB doesn't recognise it as a command and display the picture instead of the text.

To get this text from photobucket:-

1) If viewing a gallery of small pictures - place the cursor over the picture you want to display. 3 lines should appear in the top left corner.

a) Place the cursor over the 3 lines the options:- Share, Move, Edit, Copy and Delete should appear. Click on Share.

b) A menu should pop up with 4 share options:- Email&IM, Direct, HTML, Img.

c) Click on the text in the box below HTML it should turn blue.

d) Right click on the blue text and select copy from the menu.

e) Now go to the reply box on this BB and right click where you want to display the picture - select paste from the menu and the BB code should appear.

2) If viewing a single selected picture in photobucket, this can be done by clicking on a picture in the gallery. The options listed in b) above should appear on the right of the screen, so follow the same procedure from c)

You can check if it has worked without posting the message by selecting Preview.

Hello Paul

The way I do it is to sign into Flickr, hover over YOU and select photostream.
Find the photo you want and left click on it. It should open that picture and in the bottom right corner there should be the right arrow share icon. Click on this (might take more than one click) and it will open the share box with BBCode on the top line. Then copy and paste as per instructions above. Hope that works.

Adrian.

[/url]

Like this. At last. Goodbye Photobucket hello Flikr!

Many thanks,
Paul