Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quality of spares supplied

Good morning all. A similar thread is currently running in Practical Classics magazine where contributors are commenting on the poor quality of many new replacement parts. Quite a concern where safety critical parts are concerned. The response from many suppliers seems to be 'you are lucky to get it at all!'
Knowing as I do our suppliers I am sure that they would never knowingly sell anything of doubtful quality.
Having recently bought a set of ARQ Ruby woodwork from Martin I only wish that the household furniture was of such quality and the same goes for Tracey's upholstery.
Regards
Stuart

Thanks Stuart!

Tracy says thank you stuart

This thread's point about contacting the supplier first still holds true. On new year's eve both the LED headlamps blew at the same instance on changing from dip to main beam so my first reaction was that something had failed on the common wiring for both lamps. After finding the wiring OK I checked the LEDs and to my surprise I found both were well cooked. So I replaced them with a spare set of incandescent bulbs I had in the car and posted the rather smelly LEDs back to Classic Dynamo & Regulator Conersions with a letter explaining what had happened. The next day I received an e mail from them explained what may have caused the fault, dodgy earths etc and today I have received two replacement LEDs F.O.C. now that's what I call service. Now it is a bit warmer I'm checking all the wiring connections before I fit them.

Hi dave,

It's a strange one.

Normal bulbs blow one at a time.

But the LED blows in pairs.

When the halogens were about, a local club member had them blow at the same time.

I had a bulb blow on my iveco van, the local garage convinced me to by a pair at discount. And recommended the other bulb would blow inside 2 weeks. Sure enough the smart **** was correct.

Is the earth, or the technology

Tony.

I had two LED brake lights stop working together just last year - I assumed it was coincidence, at the time.

I had two sidelight/indicator LED bulbs go within a couple of days. I have now put inline low amperage fuses and it appears to be ok . Fingers crossed