Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Instrument Panel Refurbishment

I have a 1932 Box Saloon which is in roadworthy condition and has given great service over many years. I have just tucked her up for the winter and must now turn my attention once again to her electrics.
The dynamo and cutout have both been fully refurbished in the last three years. It is now the turn of the instrument panel. The principal problem is the light switch which is decidedly tempramental and should probably be replaced. The other instruments function adequately, apart from the fuel gauge (no problem there, I have made a calibrated dipstick). The electrical contacts are fragile and the whole item is in generally poor condition.
At the suggestion of one of our cherished suppliers, I seek your advice on who/which company might best be able to carry out this work. I am totally incapable of doing it myself and would like to get the refurbishment under way before Christmas, in the hope of having my car back on the road in time for the invasion of grandchildren at Easter.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Seasons greetings to all,
Anthony
PS. Reckers - are you expecting a visit from Santa's Little Helpers this Christmas?

Re: Instrument Panel Refurbishment

I wish you "bon vent" with your dash refurb. The lighting switch has a tendency to self separate into its many component parts if you take it apart - best done in a plastic bag so you don't lose anything. You will learn more swear words when you try to put it back together. (Ask me how I know that!)

Fortunately it will be a quiet Christmas at Chateau Récquers. We are not expecting any little helpers until Easter when we will be bracing ourselves for a visit from the Britannic and German hordes. I'm currently building an extension to house them all...

The RP will be venturing out on 5th February for our annual winter rally - see http://media.wix.com/ugd/88d291_19ecfe6c51f4462e8994f62d6ce72baa.pdf

Hoping there's a bit more snow this year.

Depuis St Florent sur Auzonnet en Cévennes je te souhaits joyeux Noël et bonnes fêtes de la fin de l'année.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie