Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I have a new car!

Nice looking car, a model for using.
Space in a garage should always be filled !

Very nice. I've always wanted a Chummy but SWMBO says No.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

RR - don't you still have your truncheon? (Only a joke, Auntie) Cheers, Bill

Actually Bill, I don't. It's on display with my old Hyatt handcuffs in a Police/Fire museum in Lucens in Switzerland along with several items of uniform I can't get into any more...

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

RR - did you hand your outfit in voluntarily? My grandfather,after whom I was named and who helped bring me up, was a copper,starting off in the Mounted. After WW2 - when uniforms were changed, caps replaced helmets and new numbers issued, he was issued with number 1. On retirement, we tried to get him to say he'd lost it, but he was too b..... honest and handed it in. My sister, who is the widow of a detective, says the badge is in the Police Museum in Melbourne, Oz. Thanks, you've reminded me I really must get around to visiting it.
Alan - I love the Chummy. Congrats.
Cheers, Bill

Some items had to be handed back, quikcuffs, CS spray, hasp baton, utility belt & warrant card. I saved a few shirts because they were white and good quality. My m/c leathers and a couple of uniforms and some hats & caps I have to the museum. The only thing I have left is my lapel badge (and the pension!)
Inspector's uniforms are slightly different to those of a PC & Sgt. The Jackets have patch pockets and no numbers.

Inspectors wear uniforms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

Arrived and in my garage.
Every bit as nice as I hoped it would be.