Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: History of PL 4261

Simon, I think your chassis number may be C128600 which has been misread. C was a prefix to the chassis number at the time. If so chassis 128600 will have been built February 1931.

And if you wish to go even further back in the cars history, PL 4261 is a Surrey registration the records for which are held I believe by The Kithead Trust - those records MAY give you the name of the original owner in 1930 and possibly other details of the car when new.

http://www.kitheadtrust.org.uk

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

I thought for a second it was this one, close in reg numbers though:

Event is at Gatwick in 1931, click the photo for a bit more info.

PL is a Surrey, (Croydon I seem to remember), my Ulster rep is a PL and has lived in Surrey and East Sussex all it's life.

Thanks Malcolm,

I will have a closer look when I get back

definitely worth following up

thanks Jeff

I had to look twice!

Cheers Austin

Simon Gallon
Sounds like a good lead, thanks Steve

You should have the name and address of the owner before the person you bought from on the V5 Simon. If you put that name into Google with the town he lives near it will give you all his contact details. I just did it and it worked for me.

You will have worked out that I know rather more about this car and its long term ownership but for various reasons I'm not able to say more.

Steve

PS: I think you'll find that the engine number quoted on the Reg documents is not, now, correct.

Hi Simon, Congratulations on your purchase, looks like a bargain! If you search this forum for "Blown Ulster surfaces" and scroll down to a post by Henry Harris on Feb 3rd 2015 you will find a list of Ulsters with your car included.

Good to see the Ulster Register I put together in the late 60's seeing daylight again.

Thanks Lance,

I am trying to contact Mr Sawer, so hopefully he can shed some light