Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Driving

Next year I'm we are planning on driving from Suffolk to South Wales then down to North Devon then on to Surrey then back to Suffolk, can anyone recommend any good driving roads please.

Re: Driving

I use a satnav, find a few way points and select the "avoid motorways" option. I never go without a road map to check for possible detours and to re-assure myself that I know where I am, other than directly over the centre of the Earth.

I was looking at this very trip only yesterday.
So far I have got Black Mountain Pass A4069, Abergwesyn Pass, Abergavenny to Penderyn, A470 Conway to Merthyr Tydfil and A5 Chirk Bethesda BUT I have no idea where these routes are in relation to each other. More homework req.

South of Bristol you have a bit of a dull patch, however, if you are will to make a slight deviation, take in Burrington Combe and Cheddar gorge. From Taunton head out towards Minhead and take the coast road down into Devon.

Thanks Duncan and Stuart

I've have a quick look and the A38 then the A39 into and across Devon look good and the A39 goes straight to one of our over night stops.

We will have to try and pop in to see you Stuart and see how your getting on with project G

Thanks Duncan and Stuart

I've have had a quick look and the A38 then the A39 into and across Devon look good and the A39 goes straight to one of our over night stops.

We will have to try and pop in to see you Stuart and see how your getting on with project G