Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lucas LB133 Headlamps

Hi Stuart,

Thank you, that would be much appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Matthew

Stuart Joseph writes:

Good afternoon Ruairidh.
May I crave your indulgence and ask if you would post these photos on the Friends' website under the Lucas 131 thread that appeared a little while ago. I apologise for the delay but by central heating boiler leaked and flooded my workshop and garage and I've only just been able to work in there again.
Although the thread is for Lucas 131's the only lamps that I have available are 133's which appear identical. The lamp shown is a near side with solenoid dipping mechanism) the off side has a single filament bulb which only illuminates on 'main beam'. Note the ring in the rim of the n/s lamp, this is to make up the difference in size of the dipping reflector.
Regards
Stuart

photo PICT0367_zps0qufvorg.jpg

photo PICT0368_zpsvqdggwzs.jpg

photo PICT0369_zpsiaxnv28z.jpg

Thank you Stuart (and Ruairidh), these are just what I needed, nice to put a picture to the part.

Sorry to hear about your workshop Stuart.

Thanks once again

Matthew

Hello Matthew, I omitted to add that the Nippy lamps are vertically mounted, i.e the mounting is immediately below the medallion (badge) unlike the saloon types (as in the photo) that are 'handed' by 32 degrees.
Best regards
Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

I wasn't aware of this, but now you mention the comparison it makes sense.

Thanks once again

Matthew