Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another Cambridge Special?

I just found this A7 while researching pre-war Pilote wheels:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1045380278.htm?ca=12_s

The rather flowery description roughly translates as: Austin Seven for sale in perfect collector’s condition. Entirely restored as new with aluminium and wood ... does not age and yet will soon be 100 years old! Ideal for hair in the wind driving or for weddings.

Not too sure about getting a fully kitted out bride in there mind, but it's pretty enough, although so little information to make a judgement on value, but it does resemble a Cambridge. Any thoughts?

Enjoy the rest of the holiday everyone.

Bill

Re: Another Cambridge Special?

Looks tidy at first glance but at the end of the day it's a LWB "special" (Cambridge or otherwise). I have to admire the optimism of the seller's pricing schedule...(and his descriptive ability)

In one of the photos the vehicle appears to be sporting a new style french registration plate (Modèle SIV)ending AA which has been removed on the others. I wonder why? French law requires that number plates should be permanently fixed to the vehicle and not easily removable.

New style homologated plates were introduced in October 2009 and have the format AB-123-CD. The first two letters are sequential and are issued nationally. AA then AB, AC, AD etc. We are at EH or thereabouts these days. One can assume therefore that the vehicle was registered in France some time after October 2009.

However... the relevant legislation only permits a silver on black number plate for vehicles registered after October 2009 if the vehicle is registered "Voiture de Collection".

Be interesting to see what the paperwork says, because I doubt that the FFVE would issue an attestation to a special.

Signed
Clouseau.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie