Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Luggage Rack RK Saloon Chummy

Hi Does anyone have a dimension-ed drawing of a luggage rack and fitment for a RK Saloon or Chummy. I need to carry a wheelchair or the car has to go.

Thank you Happy New Year

Bob

Re: Luggage Rack RK Saloon Chummy

Willie McKenzie does racks. He took the dimensions from my car which has an original labelled the MIDGET. It would need to be a very lightweight wheelchair on this type of rack, and it would be best to make sure that it is supported from the chassis, not just the underneath of the body.

I have an original Midget rack on my Chummy but as Robert suggests it would not be strong enough as originally attached.

I have two SWB cars with tow bars that go all the way back to the chassis - I can post photos in the new year if you are interested. I wonder if this, along with a small lightweight trailer, may be the way for you to go?

I also have a tow bracket that clamps to the rear axle - this is a pretty clever design and may be of interest to you also.

Hi Bob. My brother, based in West Sussex, has a robust luggage rack on his RK - hiding under on of my trunks in the photo - and I'm sure would be happy for you to measure it up if nothing more local turns up.

photo DSCN4452_zpsxn8ojjfr.jpg

That's the one I have on my Chummy.

Thank you to everyone for their help and advice.

Happy New Year

Bob