Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Neil Bateman,

I am trying to contact Neil Bateman, who, I believe may be a member of the Midlands Austin Seven Club.
Any help in this respect would be gratefully received.
Jim Stringer (Vice President - The Vintage Austin Register)

Re: Neil Bateman,

Jim, I do not see Neil on our recent membership lists.
Regards
David Trickett (Membership Sec. MA7C)

Jim,
According to information on the internet, "Neil Bateman founder of Vintage and Classic Events has sadly died ... including being an active chairman of the Austin 7 Club for many years." died of pneumonia beginning of August 2007.

see also here: http://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3399

Ian Mc.

Many thank's Ian, I feared that might have been the case.
I was hoping to see whether he could provide me with an answer to the question as to how many medallions of each type were commissioned by the Austin Motor Company to commemorate their Golden Jubilee back in 1955, and (typically) to who they were presented.The company which made them (T.A.Butler) sadly no longer exists, and we do not know where their records are archived, if indeed they were kept.
Should anyone be able to provide me with the answers, I would be most grateful.
Jim.

Hi Jim,

My knowledge is by no means conclusive, but if you are referring to the pewter medallions that have Lord Austin's face on one side. I believe that they were given out to everybody who participated in the driving parade that passed by Longbridge on the day of the commemorations. As for how many were produced I am not sure.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Matthew

Many thanks Mathew,
I too understand that these particular medallions were distributed to the 200 participants in the parade, but what I do not understand is that a car badge to the same design and in bronze ( I have one of these) was also produced. It would therefore make more sense perhaps to have given one of these to each participant in the parade. A mystery indeed.
Thank's again.
Jim.

Hi Jim, just sent you an email but not sure that it went. Could you confirm receipt please.

I have one of these pewter medallions - given as I understand it to my grandfather who was an Austin dealer.