Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RP window mechanism

Yes Ed, I make the runners for box saloons and front rubies

Front rubies?
So, you say runners, is that the part at the bottom? I'm going to need all the metal parts that are between the bottom of the glass & the actuating arm . For 2 sides.
What sort of cost am I looking at?

Ed

This is the method I use on my '34 RP to stop the window winding itself down because of a worn and loose mechanism. Just a small piece of galvanised (or coathangar) wire trapped under the panel screw and carefully shaped to act as a hook (with a short length of rubber sleeving on the end in contact with the winder to give it a bit more grip). Much more convenient than a window wedge, just unhook and let it dangle down to unwind the window. Has successfully been doing the job for the past 31 years!

Rod

Winder Clip photo Winder Clip_zpstqt4c8xe.jpg

Good idea!

I need to be able to wind it up though, as once it's down it's a panel off job with one hand supporting the bottom of the window while the other hand winds the handle

I knew I'd seen the bottom channel somewhere, Tony Betts part No 35 £13.00 each. This is the bit which connects the glass to the winder.

Yes Dave, He got them from me !!

Well I want some Jon.

Still unsure that it's the complete part & not part of a part, so please get back to me & let's get these bits bought 😀

Tony's web site has a photo of the part Edmund.

Thankyou