Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A "Ruby Train"

photo 25542109060_32b13d0e9d_b_zpssub4je3k.jpg

Re: A "Ruby Train"

Lovely! But can you imagine what elf and safety today would have to say of the kids in the front seats having the car exhaust feeding them all that nourishing leaded fuel residue.

There are more images from the place here. Life was simpler back then...

Link

Thank you for the link Nick.
If only it was still like that now - I'd find the money to go and stay there just for the Art Deco experience.
If only....
Steve V.

I think that "California in England" was a euphemism for what is now California Country Park, just outside Wokingham, Berkshire. There is a large lake with surrounding country walks and an adjacent caravan site. I wonder what happened to the Snake Train?

Paul
 photo 25542109060_32b13d0e9d_b_zpssub4je3k.jpg

Actually, I think I should have titled this an "Opal Train".... I like the bell hanging from the n/s screen pillar..

Tim Reynolds
I think that "California in England" was a euphemism for what is now California Country Park, just outside Wokingham, Berkshire. There is a large lake with surrounding country walks and an adjacent caravan site. I wonder what happened to the Snake Train?

Yes,
sadly the interesting Deco buildings are all gone.

Steve V