Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cold Turkey Trial - 8th Jan 2017 - Photos and video

A brilliant time was had by all at the Trial yesterday. Many thanks to Barry, Mike and all the marshals and helpers.

The hills were 'challenging'. We cleaned one of the early ones and full of cocky confidence found that it was downhill (sometimes literally) all the way from there. Took heart from seeing some of the 'pros' coming to grief as well.

Lots of banter, smiles and laughs, as always. 'Cold Turkey' was a misnomer this year; it was warm enough for shirtsleeves!

There are some snaps here:
Photos

And some video footage here (best watched at small screen size):
Link to video

Re: Cold Turkey Trial - 8th Jan 2017 - Photos and video

Nice set of photos and video Nick. Many thanks.
19 inch wheels look great.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan. Actually those are new wheels but 18" rear and 17" front. I have been extremely fortunate that a kind member of the A7 fraternity offered me these, shod with the Cheng Shin tyres so suitable for trialling, AND a set of 19" scripted road wheels which really do look good on the car. Makes it much more 'period'. I will post a couple of photos of it in due course.

The Cheng Shins made the trialling yesterday so much more enjoyable as we could tackle slippy stuff that would have been impossible on the previous road tyres.

p.s. I had the 18" and 17" powder coated by Les Gammon up in Redditch - he advertises the service at £25 a wheel. First class job. (Usual disclaimers.)

Great pictures and video Nick, thank you. I really enjoyed the day and it was well worth the trip down! Haven't done a trial quite that narrow and technical before, so made a nice change to just using my usual foot down approach!

Was really good to see you all, particularly the southern members I hadn't bumped into before due to geographical limitations!

My video is still uploading, but you can view mine/my fathers pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63946387@N07/albums/72157678861366796

Video's from my son's GoPro,

Minter Saloon, Austin Harris driving

Martin Whittaker, Ulster

I love your Saloon Henry!

Lovely pics Andrew. Good to see some 'action' shots. Do post the video when you can.

Here's the video, just clips of me and Matt I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will enjoy it!

Great to see these Henry - and to watch you getting over the obstacles that brought us to a dead halt! Grrrr!

As Ruairidh says - we love your car!

Thank to all who took part with their cars, and particularly the hill marshalls - Penny and Mike Peck, Mike and Iain Stone, Stuart Gosling, Bill Mallett, Tom Hunt, Robert Foreman, and Grahame Fullalove (who also scrutineered)- without whom there would be no trial!

Our artful course setter, Mike Stone, hopes to put on two more trials this year - at Elham, near Canterbury, and Turners Hill in Surrey - of which more later.

Special mention for Nick Salmon's smart new wheels, Andrew's epic journey from Cumbria to Surrey to take part, and Peter Kite's GN, which 'gnashed' its cogs and demonstrated what chain drive can do - sometimes!

A few photos of the trial

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32237459@N04/albums/72157679040177855

More photos from the Cold Turkey. These by my son, Henry.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/henryrharris/sets/72157675288042084

That's another cracking set of images Matt. Well done and thank you. Makes a pleasant change for me to see me on the other side of the lens!

Might we be able to obtain copies from you?

Thanks Nick, I enjoyed yours on Flickr too.

Drop me a message on Flickr with your email.

Matt