Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Keeping Track of Maintenance

Hi
Here is the blank record sheet I use to keep track of maintenance on my Ruby, which does up to 1000 miles a year. Whilst in practice there are usually lots of gaps, at least there is a record of when something was last done! (For example, the spark plugs were last renewed in 2011.)

photo Service_Sheet_zpsrfrezbth.jpg

Any comments?

Regards
Colin

Re: Keeping Track of Maintenance

Only one comment: excellent!

Thanks - having the thing in Excel means it is easily updated or tweaked each year - the records are just ticks or scribbled on - surprising how the time goes by - several items due or overdue this year! Colin

It's a good idea Colin, particularly if you have multiple vehicles.

I have one of the lovely service books that Mac Bonar produced for each of my cars and log everything in them.

More power to your elbow for making it!

Oh dear. I suddenly feel totally inadequate.

Well - no one has said that I have missed anything vital off the list... Condition of the tyres as the years go by? Exhaust system, steering play, king pins (cotter pin nuts tight?), wheel bearing play, tyre wear, tracking, chassis for cracks...? All these need to be checked at some point - but not 'routine'?

If anyone wants a copy of the original in Excel for their own use/customisation, let me know by e-mail.

Colin