Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beaulieu prices

John
And if the buyer thinks you have charged 10p more for the delivery charge than it cost you, .

nice one John,

That's one of my favourits,

I had an ebay buyer complain I had over charged him by 17p for postage.

So I told Him I had forgotten to charge him the other P, packing. And asked him if he would send me another 50p.

Guess what, I didn't get it. And didn't hear from him again.

Fantastic.

Re: Beaulieu prices

To pick up on various points raised here:

Increase in prices: Beaulieu have lost a case at the HMRC tribunal concerning VAT, which means that they now have to charge VAT on stalls (and tickets?). They have absorbed some of the increased cost as they said they would, so a 9% increase (for September) is less than might have been expected.

We have kept a record of our takings at the September event, and like others have noticed a steady decrease over the last few years. However, we too find it valuable as a shop window, but are also considering down-sizing to one stand instead of two.

Beaulieu's greed: there seems to be a feeling that the event is past its best, or that they are becoming a victim of their own success. However, there appears to be no let up in the demand for stalls, and Beaulieu's own figures show that there is generally an increasing attendance year on year. So from their point of view (as a business) there can't be much incentive for them not to continue to increase their prices.

Ilke & I spend most of the Sunday trying to get round as much of the event as possible, and we have noticed a decrease in the number of pre-war stands which has been matched by a corresponding increase in the number of stands catering for the growing classic car movement. Bad news for us, but clearly not for Beaulieu...

David