Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sectioned Seven engine

Hi dave,

If nobody comes up with one, and you have the time and a big angle grinder.

I have plenty of damaged parts you can cut and assemble for them.

FREE to you of course.

Tony.

Dave Mann
I help at the Anson Museum which is dedicated to internal combustion engines of all types and has global following, check out their website. When I was there last week I was asked if I had a sectioned Seven engine for their display, it would look good alongside their sectioned Napier Deltic. They have the world's first diesel on loan from MAN, the Rover gas turbine on it's test stand, and the largest diesel in the UK (in bits awaiting a building big enough) a Doxford single cylinder development engine amongst their collection. So does any one have a sectioned Seven engine they are prepared to loan or sell to them?

Hi Dave
There was an early 1927 Austin7 magneto engine and gearbox sectional working model for sale on eBay couple of months ago. I am sure it did not sell, will try to investigate and let you know.
Ben

I had a sectioned block for quite some time. Advertised it for ages. Free to a good home.

In the end I took the valves and tappets out of it and weighed it in

Thanks Ben, if all else fails I'll take you up on the offer Tony.

Dave Mann
Thanks Ben, if all else fails I'll take you up on the offer Tony.

Dave
check your email found few pictures
Ben

Not much help but there is apparently a sectioned Austin 7 engine at the Llangollen Motor Museum, North Wales

photo Sectioned Austin 7 engine.jpg

Cheers, Tony.

Thanks Tony, like most museums the Anson is accredited so it can exchange/loan exhibits with other accredited museums, I'll forward the picture to the Anson.

There is also one at Sammy,s motorcycle museum near Lymington

It's not an actual engine but the Science Museum sell a nice print of a cutaway one: http://www.ssplprints.com/image/94508/austin-seven-four-stroke-engine-1928

Simon

The cross secton of the inlet manifold looks generous cf the sideraught type. How do they compare? Is it an explanation for the apparent better performance of many RN, including the early road tests?