Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paris Emissions Fines

Just heard on the TV that drivers of cars In Paris France, that don't display details of their pollution emission levels could be fined - I wonder where that leaves cars such as ours that could be visiting or owners of similar aged cars that live there?

Steve V.

Re: Paris Emissions Fines

I understand that Historic Cars are exempt - this is legislation for modern cars, so I believe.

Personally, as I have said before, I would not want to drive in/around Paris full stop, let alone in my Seven. Trains and buses will be just fine for me and I can also have a drink :)

I saw this the other day also.

But regards driving in Paris in our cars or Race, Rally, Vintage etc there are some wonderful breakfast and lunch stops outside cafes and restaurants to mull over hours of talks with fellow petro heads, you can even park your car outside the venues in a line for all to see. Sunday brunches are best.

Bob Leigh writes:

Dear Ruairidh

I don't know the first thing about photobucket so please will you post the attached for me. Fenella and I drove our Ruby into Paris on a rest day on the way back from Berlin, where we had also driven to various iconic landmarks. This picture also shows a coach based just up the road from us, and there is a public loo which I needed at the time, hence the choice of parking spot! We had also driven round the Arc de Triomphe! Driving in Paris is only as bad as driving in other big cities.

Many thanks and best wishes

Robert

photo Eiffel T and Clarice 2_zpsxagjdpod.jpg