Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rally Monte Carlo 2017 - in a 1930 Austin Seven...

Thanks R for your running reports and what a marvellous achievement for all concerned. I get a numb backside and severe windburn ( On face) after 50 miles in my open A7 this time of year. Once in a lifetime or same next year ?
Dave.

Thanks, Steve.

John

Reckless Rat
At this time of the year the weather is very unpredictable and I would recommend sticking to the motorway network in order to be sure of getting there. Some passes if open, will only allow vehicles equipped with chains to pass.

Excellent result for the guys. A well deserved kip is probably now the order of the day.

I take it they're not going to do the special stages as they continue tomorrow until the 31st?

Thanks for that RR - he has chains but I suspect he would rather not use them!

I think Andrew is "special" enough, without an extra stage ;) Stuart Palmer asked about this as well, but I don't think the "Classique" class runs anything timed like that. The modern machines may well be doing what you mention however!

These little cars never fail to impress, with the help of some excellent preparation.

Well done to all involved - you've represented the Austin movement admirably.

Enjoy the celebration, rest and recovery.

FANTASTIC !!!
Stephen

All my admiration to those fellows!
Renaud

After driving a 1929 Austin Seven Standard Sports for quite short trips I dips me lid to the intrepid pilots !

Hope they get suitable recognition !!

Cheers, Tony.

Congratulations to Andrew and Derek and thanks to commentator Ruairidh! In the tradition of A7 epics...
Alastair

I hope there will be an article on this tale of derring-do in one of our magazines...

Excellent news, many congratulations. Only goes to prove "You can do it in an Austin 7" Well done!