Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Car "Birthday"

Hi
Has anyone ever celebrated their car's Birthday? Which day did you choose? Evy is 80 sometime in February, but I do not know exactly when. There appears to be no surviving factory documentation from that time, as far as I am aware, and it is a London reg so that record is also lost. But the block carries the date 4.2.7 and the chassis number 266250 would put the build date sometime in February '37? I know that 266251 also survives as a black Ruby, but I do not know where - almost a twin.
Regards
Colin

Re: Car "Birthday"

Do you have a date of first registration? In the absence of an accurate build date, I would use that as a date for the celebration.
I note that your car does not appear in the Association's chassis register, but others around that number have a registration date towards the end of March 1937. The nearest listing I can find in the Index Cards is for a change to the steering box cover from 265295 dated 'approx February 1937'.

Re: Car "Birthday"

No date of registration - so it'll be a guess... Thanks, Colin