Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 29/4/1923, Milan circuit de Monza, Grand prix des cyclecars, Arthur Waite sur Austin

Wonderful!
Apart (maybe?) for the photo digged from Gallica by a friend here you all know really everything about it!
Beats gogol!
Thanks,
Renaud

Re: 29/4/1923, Milan circuit de Monza, Grand prix des cyclecars, Arthur Waite sur Austin

Just to add a bit more to Tony's resume on A.C.R. Waite, I corresponded with him for some time as well as phoned from Down Under and he was most helpful. After a while I got the idea of him perhaps becoming our first Club Patron & he readily agreed. Not only that, he in his old-fashioned way thought that a Patron should help support the Club, so he sent gobs of money! In one letter he claimed he was a foundation member of the British Racing Drivers Club, but as I found that it started in 1927/28 when he was here in Melbourne, I luckily did not include that in his credentials. Recently I did some research and found he was not a Foundation member, but joined in 1929 when he went back to England. He was a Committee member in the period 1930/31. He later became a life member of the BRDC. I have just sent a letter to our present Club committee suggesting we add this latter to his many other credentials in our literature. Cheers, Bill