Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Has anyone got a scissor lift ?

I also bought a second hand 4 poster the same brand as Stuart's. It was 3 phase but I just bought one of those Single/Three phase Variable Frequency Drive thingys off Ebay and it works a treat.

We have a four post lift that we got for free from a freindly garage who bought a bigger and stronger one. It is a KONI 1.5 Ton lift of 45 years old and works perfectly, it even survived the fire in the workshop. We made the runners a bit narrower to run on and off our A30/35 easier and by luck we did it right too for A7's and also the bigger cars we own.

For anyone following this thread I am now thinking of buying one of the readily available 2.8 t scissor lifts rather than a"narrowed" one and fitting side channels to run the cars straight on rather than to straddle a narrow one.
There are some brilliant lifts available from Bike-lifts Europe but they are about 4 times the price of a heavier lift.

There are quite a number of plans and examples of bike lifts to be found on line which are constructed using a trolly jack as the lifting ram. It would be easy to adapt and fabricate one of these to take an Austin 7, I have been meaning to build one for a while now but never seem to have the time.

Ian,I want to be able to do is say work on the propshaft,or drain the gearbox which I think would be difficult using a motorcycle table based lift.
I've considered altering a machine mart motorcycle lift or two (Too wide),to get the gap in the middle. They are less than £400 here.