Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Battery Life.

Hi Martin, yes, that should be OK (in fact, in series, used to be the standard workshop way of charging several similar batteries from a high voltage DC source - the current being set by a built in rheostat }

Just for my own peace of mind, I would check the on charge voltage across each battery occasionally, just to be sure that it was fairly evenly divided.

Ian Mc.

Dave Wortley
Ian,
I have a Halfords 12v battery on my RN. It has been in use since March 2003, charged infrequently with the Lidl intelligent charger and started the car up as usual 5mins ago. It must be on its last legs by now.
Dave.

Crikey Dave, if I were head of advertising at Halfords I would give you a new replacement battery just to use your accredited story. That must be some sort of a record.

Ian Mc.

Martin.My MGA has 2 6volt batteries in series and I always charge up in situ as a pair -no problems over the last 50 years.

I'd always recommend using a smart charger on your battery. I keep mine on it all the time as it will evaluate the state of the battery, discharge it occasionally and re-charge it as required. Sitting unused in a cold garage is not the best way to keep one in good condition, or so I was told by my local sparks guru...

Ian McGowan
Hi Martin, yes, that should be OK
Ian Mc.

richard wyatt
Martin.My MGA has 2 6volt batteries in series and I always charge up in situ as a pair -no problems over the last 50 years.