Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new Nippy Archive restoration articles...

Hello Jon et al

Thank you very much for all your hard work here, amongst others we're busy restoring a Type "65" in the Colonies.

It's had a hard life, been a race car since 1934, been shunted a few times and rolled at least once in its life before Dad bought it. The original motor is long gone as are the scuttle plates when the motor & box were moved back 4" to fit Mini rack & pinion steering. I fear the tunnel and number may also have been shortened thus loosing the 3 digit body number as well.

We're most of the way through the body restoration with new aluminium panels as the originals were extremely badly damaged as the integrity of the wooden structure had been compromised due to racing and the body had multiple tears in it as well as numerous riveted patches and loads of fibreglass & filler.

Your hard work will pay off in allowing us to accurately re-create some of the missing bits like the toe boards and scuttle.

A correct early sports crank case would be nice, (if any kind soul has such a spare), however we have a '33 standard crankcase ground internally to take the 1 1/2" crank which has been converted to pressure feed and the top end will get an LAP OHV conversion. Not correct, but that's how it arrived in our lives 40+ years ago.

Best
Greig

Re: new Nippy Archive restoration articles...

Greig - I've got some images of the inner bonnet area lower panels just sorted out for someone else, so will send a couple to you.

I'll send you an email and see if we have your car on the photo montage...