Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Additional cylinder block studs

Stuart

Depends if you want to use a BSW thread for the pull down nuts.

Another plus I forgot to mention is that cap screws are made of a much higher spec steel than normal studs.

Re: Additional cylinder block studs

Hello Gents

Thank you for all of your valuable inputs, the various suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

We're currently busy with modifying the crankcase and block to take 5 cap screws from underneath. We're also making a pair of little blocks to bolt down either end of the block

The Phoenix crank is in and we've now got to align the double oil jet mod with the crank pockets and pump paraffin through them to double-check the squirt. Credit must go to Mike Forrest for this way back in the '60's I believe.

The oil pump has been bored out and hopefully we have decent pressure, I've got around 6 to 8psi hot with the Green Job and that's only running the conventional 2 jets.

I've got a bit more welding to do on the tube frame, then it's off to get clad in ally and then a lick of paint. I'm almost done with the supercharger mounting plate, it incorporates the front shock mounts - the plan is to lock one and use the alloy shock link on the other two eliminate axle movement sideways while still allowing axle movement.

We're really having fun building this little single seater, I'll try post some pictures for you.

Makes a change from rebuilding the 750/101 Giulietta's

Cheers
Greig