Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sevens in the snow...

That looks great fun, brings back memories. Provided the plates between the flitch plates and chassis are fitted its surprising how hot it gets in a Seven. We have 2 cars with them and one without and there is a big difference.

Cabin heating level is greater now with the four blade fan. I'm actually thinking of bunging up the gaps between the gearbox and the floor to keep it out!

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Film of the run from Reckers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejYFUXtZvs&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Ruairidh,

This video shows the climb up to the top of the "hill" at the Prés de la Dame on Mont Lozère. RD 362 from Génholac which then becomes the D 66 to Villefort.

A long, long slog uphill although the RP made it all the way to the top in 3rd gear.

The summit is at around 1470m above sea level. The following photo shows me & a few of the competitors with the snow clearing crew just after the summit:

Just waiting for decent weather so I can get the Karcher out & give the car a good spray underneath.

The chap in the blue jacket and the black beanie is the Clerk of the Course.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

I know it's lovely and snowy in 'furrin parts' but it is Spring-like over here and a long way past Christmas and New Year. Perhaps the Management could consider taking down the Seasons Greetings and the decorations from the home page? Or are they just getting in early for the 2017 Festivities? Gawd forbid.

The organising club "Cèze-Auto-Retro" has published press reports on the event on its web page. It's in French but most of you can read pictures...

CLICK HERE

Nice write-up