Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clutch modification

It is interesting that two people doing the same job without any communication end up with the same arrangement, in this case Ivan's engine stand is the same as mine, a couple of joist offcuts from a skip with two 3" x 2" cross members. Mine has the addition of some supermarket trolley castors so I can wheel the engine from the cellar workshop to the garage.

Great minds think alike. Actually I believe I have heard of a single word to describe this phenomenon, but can't remember it!

Ivan Gardiner
Great minds think alike. Actually I believe I have heard of a single word to describe this phenomenon, but can't remember it!

Synergy?
How about Morphic Resonance [OK, that's two words]

Well, the clutch is all back together with its little flattened rollers, in the car and the car running again. Clutch works and feels like any other clutch in a modern car - nothing out of the ordinary about it at all. Guess that counts as a success.
Thanks for the replies, and special thanks to the contributor to "Design for Competition", Dick Short. See page 127 of the aforementioned book

Pleased to hear that Ivan.