Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seeking A7 bodywork restorer

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone with excellent skills in metalworking, welding and lead loading to restore the bodywork of my Austin 7, a 1936 Mk 1 Ruby. The bulk of the work will be in the shell itself, e.g. new floor, wheel arches, scuttle side panels etc. The rest isn't really too bad at all.

Of course, I have seen various adverts for restoration in club magazines etc, but I am looking for actual recommendations, for the peace of mind that I've got someone with all the right skills. I'd also prefer it to be someone with actual experience of Austin Sevens, to ensure that everything will be as accurate as possible.

The car, currently dismantled, has been in my possession for many years and I have reached the point where I'd rather throw some money at it and get it done, than leave it to languish until I'm simply too old to tackle it myself!

Not bothered about paintwork, trim etc, as I can either do that myself, or get it done locally. Likewise, not too fussed about distance, as long as within the UK mainland.

Thanking you all in advance.

Ian

Re: Seeking A7 bodywork restorer

Hi Ian.

If you need replacement timber, please email me.

Complete woodwork set for a Mk1 Ruby......

photo IMG_12591_zpsn8nt7pjb.jpg

We can of course supply individual parts or sub-assemblies, as well as all internal panels and seat woodwork.

Thank you, Martin! As it happens, you're already top of my list for new woodwork, having had a chat with you and Dave about it when I last went to Beaulieu Austin 7 rally.