Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
V5

I own a mid 1930s Austin 7 special, the V5C states the car as a saloon. I have insured it as a two seater special and have had a few fun runs out in it. What are the implications of being stopped by the police and being told the car is not what it say
s on the V5?

Re: V5

wouldnt worry about it jeff.

ive been followed by the police at two in the morning in the supersports for 5 miles home.

i dont think they wanted to stop me, because they didnt have a clue about what they were following.

it just makes them look stoopid if they stop you.

There is a local Police Officer who drives a police pursuit car who knows exactly what these cars are his father has two sevens and two twelves. My friend who was passing Newbury one day was stopped by a police car with twos and blues in full use only to find that his son the constable was winding him up.
The moral of the story is don't think all coppers haven't a clue.
I have a special to build, all parts ready to go but the V5 says saloon, I'm waiting for the DVLA to sort themselves out.

Owning a Seven can be a benefit when dealing with the police.
Many years ago I was, unbeknown to me, followed by a police car one night whilst driving my MGBGTV8 at illegal speeds. The officer followed me home parking behind me on my drive. Getting out of the car he spotted my Ruby parked under the car port remarking that one of his bosses had a similar model. Yes I said, " CS Peter etc, our magazine editor, a good friend."
A long chat about Sevens ensued and my speeding was forgotten!