Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
6 volt fan

My 1924 Chummy is finally close to being finished. It is running a pressure fed 1 1/2 inch magneto motor which I owned before I bought the remains of this car. I decided to use this engine to get the thing back on the road a bit quicker and cheaper. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I still have the original 1 1/8 inch motor which will be the next project to restore and pop back in to make it original. The problem I have is that the car will boil in the Australian summer heat (35-40 degrees), and because of the pressure fed engine cover, it is not possible to fit a fan in. It is not losing water, but it obviously needs some assistance. Does anyone know of a six volt electric fan that will see me right until the original motor finds its way back to where it belongs? Having left the six volts in place, I prefer to keep it that way. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Jeremy.

Re: 6 volt fan

I did a quick search of 6 volt radiator fan and a few companies came up in the USA. For example
http://secondchancegarage.com/new-products/Maradyne-9-13-fan.cfm

Thanks for that Nicholas.
Inquiries have now been made of the Maradyne company. I shall report on progress.

I found one example on ebay of a 6 volt to 12 volt boost (step up) voltage regulator, rated 10 amps.I don't know if that's enough current though.
If it is and if you already have, or can source a cheap fan, perhaps that might do..

Why not a couple of large computer fans.
I have a frame that has two I intend using, controlled by temp switch with manual override.

Geoff - Slow morning after a normal Sunday with 5year old and being worn out