Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dead A7 photos - ID

I didnt read your last bit and I latterly concluded G 5813 too... with the dash present!

but that makes an odd back plate, as its a stacked, square plate - would look a bit odd with single character and 4 below.

How are others spaced in such circs?

JonE

...but that makes an odd back plate, as its a stacked, square plate - would look a bit odd with single character and 4 below.

How are others spaced in such circs?

That is how it should be done: letters on one line, numbers below.

I would agree, having blown it up as far as I can it's almost certainly 5813 but the letter or letters are too distorted to be absolutely sure whether they're a 'C' or 'G', though I think 'G' more likely.

Glass's guide would seem to suggest that 'G', 'GA' and 'GB' all Glasgow issued registrations were all used up by January 1929. GX was a London registration first issued in March 1932.
'C' and 'CX' are Yorkshire and Huddersfield respectively, but again appear in Glass's to predate January 1929 and therefore aren't listed.

Final thought, it could be 'GF' a London registration first issued March 1930.

Does anyone recognise the large building and tower in the background, looks to me as if it might be a prison? - that may or may not help in guessing the letters, if indeed the car was locally registered to the accident. I've done a Google image search, but without success.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England