Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Continental touring.

Reckless Rat
....in other words as long as you are a visitor on a short break then if the paperwork for the car is in order in the country of registration, then it's in order for wherever you go.

I think one exception to that is the minimum age to drive in France is 18, so a 17 yearold cannot drive on holiday over there.

Nothing that's new. That rule has been in existance for a long time, like no children under 12 in the front seats. Another one is trying to take a LWB Land Rover Safari or a mini-bus across to the continent. They need a tachograph AND you have to be 21 to drive it over here. Each European country has it's own specific regulations, but as far as I know none of them are likely to change post Brexit.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Maybe the nice people in the insurance companies will think it appropriate to start charging us for Green Cards again...

Don't forget the maximum £25 currency limit. All my continental friends seem to have started to regard UK as a pariah state. I wish I'd bought that place in Brittany I saw for £17k in 1996...too late now!