Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RK saloon door latches

thanks for the pics R,

didnt expect you to use your dinner brake.

thanks tony

I think Willie does them Tony.

That's the ones exactly Jim, you saved me a job,well done. Cheers Ian M

Hmm! Mine look nothing like that, of course! They are nicely (hand) made in steel, but no flange. I won't attempt a photo...photobucket freezes my internet whenever I try to get anything from it, but I did manage to see one of these photos!
D

Ian thanks for the photos. They look similar to Landrover interior door handle escutcheons. But you think they may have been rubber original.

https://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/index.php/genuine-land-rover-defender-interior-front-door-lock-button-90-110-td5-tdci-954.html

Hello again Douglas, it's difficult to say for sure as when I restored the car in the early 70s they appeared to be hard rubber but may have been some sort of fibre type material, I really can't be sure as it was so long ago.
I have always wondered if the Chummies had something similar because the handles are a bit clacky and tend to elongate the hole in the door panel. Cheers Ian

My father's Chummy has these - I am confident that they are not the original ones but they serve the same purpose as yours Ian. I have also seen them on other very original unrestored late AD and AE Tourers, quite degraded.

If someone has a suitable source I would like to buy some.

These rubber door handle grommets were certainly available in a cosiderable quantity up until 3 years ago at the Seven Workshop They may well still be..