Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A7 1933 Pick-up?

Ivan - I'm afraid the Coupe body is different from the RACV type (which was also made for State Electricity commsn. Meter readers). The coupes (and we have several in our Club) have a nicely-shaped boot which doesn't extend back as far as the commercial ones. If of interest, the photo for the poster was taken to advertise our National Austin Seven Rally. The photographer arranged a picnic scene in a park. The coupe owner was Roy Ducat (since deceased) and the '25 Chummy was mine (note the number plate, and that's me!) and our respective wives were arranged around a barbecue, but the photo man decided to eliminate them, and left in Roy's dog, much to their disgust! (Would cause a furore these days?). He then bled out many of the "dots" in the photo to result in a sketch-type illustration. The coupe I think is now in Queensland and the Chummy is in West Australia. These Sevens get around! Cheers, Bill