Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seeking 1933 RP saloon OW3779

I bought this car as a rather ambitious project during the late 1980s, but sold it after not very long, having located a complete car in good condition for a reasonable sum. OW3779 was very much a kit of parts and I vaguely recall selling it to a fellow from Luton, whom I met on a local night school class for bodywork repairs.

Occasionally, over the intervening years, I have looked the number up on the DVLA website, but found nothing to confirm that it's back on the road. Today, I find that it is both taxed and insured! Great news!

Anyone on here own it, or know anything about it? I'd love to see how the restoration worked out. I even have several pictures from the time I bought it all those years ago, which I would be happy to share with the current owner.

One curious thing is that the askMID insurance lookup records it as a Nippy, leading me to wonder if it was re-bodied. We'll see, or not, as the case may be. Past experience tells me that the majority of these posts seeking the whereabouts of a vehicle very rarely turn anything up, even when a vehicle is confirmed to still actually exist. Anyone else noticed that?