Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Ulster rep

Thanks for that pointer to the archive.
Very interesting stuff; as an aside it is unbelievable how many spring variations there were!
It seems to me that from 159534 was the really major change...rear tank etc for the RP(?) etc series, but "long chassis" had been in production for almost a year.
According to Mr Wyatt's "Motor for the Million" production data the RN was on a 6'9" chassis from 7/10/31 & there is a cryptic remark "25 long & short chassis from third week October" (1931)So that raises more questions!

Was the RN's "long" chassis the same as that of the RP for example?
When did short chassis production actually end?

Tantalisingly there does not seem to be any way of working out how many of each variant were made. Say the RK started from chassis no "x" and ending with Chassis no "y". Of course they would not be sequential ( a full, continuous run) because chassis would have been used for all the other variants!
The archivist's nightmare.
I suppose if a model's register was comprehensive that would help. Unfortunately the factory records were not designed for people to interrogate so many years later; they were for day to day activity!
The Register lists are really good, but only as good as the information people keep sending in!
Hours of harmless fun!
David

peter arnold
Another seller suggesting an Ulster is created from a saloon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-7-seven-RK-chummy-saloon-/311829437398?hash=item489a7b9bd6:g:x7YAAOSwol5Y0YRE

Grow up!

Well said Fred.

Unfortunately an ulster rep would be more desirable,valuable and easier to build than to restore the car back as an original RK,especially with so much missing.Tony is only stating the obvious considering its condition.

I personally think an RK is one of the nicest A7 models,almost a scaled down larger Austin for quality and detail.

It must be getting to the stage where there are more Ulster reps than RK saloons.

Thank you both David's and John,

As the seller I'm with alan, I'd love to see it built to a car like winstons.

But I also have to point out the obvious, read the listing again. "OR IF YOU MUST" use it as a donor..

I'd rather it wasn't. and I can't force the next persons decision either.

I am already saving one RK at the momment. And as austin suggest it would have made more sense financially to put an Ulster body on it.

"OR IF YOU MUST" It's good to see peters reading skills are worse than mine. I guess it doesn't matter how thick you think you are, there's always someone else on the next rung below you

Tony.

I kind of like the blue and magenta paint scheme as it is.

Has anyone of the cherished suppliers ever made any bumper stickers 'My other car is an Ulster Replica'? Or perhaps that should be 'isn't'??