Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fancy buying a French château?

Reckers, I guess they are getting in early before FREXIT.

Afterwards they will be lucky to get £100k and 50 centimes a week

Tony.

more importantly, have the old biddies got any Austin Septs in their triple garaging?

I have the answer to the old couple problem - mushrooms. A man once told me he'd survived three wives - the first died after eating poisonous mushrooms and, would you believe, so did the second wife. The third wife died from a fractured skull - she wouldn't eat her mushrooms. (Apologies Auntie, It's just an old joke). Cheers, Bill

Labelling the doors to the balcony WC may suffice.

Topic way off Sevens but as with all the French interludes very interesting.
From a country where nothing is old I was intrigued by buildings in UK (didn’t make Europe) although the multi storey piles of perilously stacked stones and bricks a distinct worry.
How old would such a chateau be? Are the turrets just a fashion statement ?

Faced here now with enormous cost for safety scaffolding for once simple spouting, it seems the chateau owners had the same problem.

I have spent the last few weeks sorting and dumping my hoard of (mostly not Seven) car parts. Glad I do not have a chateau full. How long will cyl liners last as field tiles?

The interior doesn't look so bad, except the tower shot looking up or down? It reminds me of RL Stevenson's, "Kidnapped" where the protagonist is urged by his uncle to go up the tower stairs to bed, only to find the stairs end, with a long drop. I guess you could use it to dry your fire hoses, or make bird shot or...

According to my sources in the Résistance (listen very carefully I shall say this only once)apparently the old guy had a dicky ticquer.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Does it come with an old dog that lies in the sun by the gate only raising its head when a Citroen DS trundles past?

If so, I know the place...

My dear boy, a Citroën DS doesn't trundle. It wafts.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie