Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Love the new mclaren

Reckless,
Mclaren are opening an office/factory near ex Sheffield airport which you are familiar with.
Dave.

I hope it is but even that may not be a guarantee of success. It's a shame that McLaren has dropped into the doldrums of F1 but it's often been like that for many teams. Even with a competitive power output I think they've got a long way to go before they get back to championship winning form. I think they'll have done well tomorrow if Alonso or the new lad finish in the points.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Tony's long awaited picture...

photo EEE1A600-24FE-499E-BCAD-6456F12F29D7_zpsoavmv2i8.jpg

Never mind the McLaren, what about the Force India colour?

I may put some paint on the wall and watch that instead.

well here you are,

tracys 1927 AD tourer in glorious maclaren orange with the wings picked out in black, just like the formula 1 car.

if mclaren are reading this, we are open to sponsorship

if not we will have to talk to dundee utd.

if this doesnt inspire alonso, what will.

many thank for the pic R. much apreciated.

tony

ps, count your blessings, it could have been painted force india nipple pink

I think you ought to claim copyright infringement for that colour scheme - after all what's a million or two to Mclaren?

I started reading this thread and felt the eyes drooping as the word F1 appeared (finding Grand Prix racing, since about the time Senna went, nothing more than a couple of hours of coma-inducing boredom )but stuck with it and am rewarded with a picture of a proper motor car in a stunning colour scheme :-)

Looks terrific Tony!

Yeah it might have helped if we'd had the pic at the beginning before we went off at a tangent. (or would it be a tangerine)

Hope it goes better than the real McLaren that failed miserably again today.

Location: Gard, France 30960. Used to be Languedoc-Roussillon but now it's Occitanie

Ruairidh Dunford
Tony's long awaited picture...

photo EEE1A600-24FE-499E-BCAD-6456F12F29D7_zpsoavmv2i8.jpg

Not impressed by the choice of tyres.

Ilke loves it - very Dutch!

Reckless Rat
Yeah it might have helped if we'd had the pic at the beginning before we went off at a tangent. (or would it be a tangerine)

Hope it goes better than the real McLaren that failed miserably again today.

Sorry reckers, I'm not very good with the pics.

Although it does add to the fun.

Good to see there some likes, I'm sure it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I find our small little cars can take some bold colours, once the black is added to contrast.

Must admit David I hadn't though about the Dutch, Maybe I need to do a Dutch run.

All I have to do now is clear a shed enough so I can take it out of the van.

Tony

Talking of colours I think the Red Bull might have a very red face after Danny's problems on Sunday- I hope for better luck (better driving ? ) next time.

Cheers, Tony.

Nipple pink? I know you have been around a while but I'm not sure where you have seen nipples that colour?!?

Mrs T's nipples certainly aren't. Some are silver and a few of the older ones are brassy!

Or do you paint them that colour so you can find them easily in the dark?

the referance to nipple pink, is from a pink saloon that used to be on the curcuit. not the actual colour of anyones nipples. it has been brought up on the forum before.

its all in the name of a thing called fun. although that does miss some on this forum.

dont worry about useing a pseudonym with me, "sudanim"

i can take a joke.

im not sure what you were holding back from boney malaprop though? are you suggesting you have a small penis.

i guess not everyone gets a big un

tony

David Cochrane
Ilke loves it - very Dutch!

Yes, perhaps Tony will call it William.

Ian Mc.

P.S. I do like it Tony, just not sure that I'm brave enough to drive one around that colour!!.

Tony
I find our small little cars can take some bold colours, once the black is added to contrast.

Quite agree - it would look terrible on a ruddy great Bentley for example, whereas it looks great (IMHO) on a Chummy.

Here's a good Dutch rally for you - the Eleven Towns Rally. Unfortunately this year's event is fully booked.

David

Of course, it's not just Chummys that look good in orange!

Steve

Thanks David, I've saved that one.

As I sed IAN orange won't be fore everyone, and nor should it be. That's why we're all different.

Steve, if that doesn't freighten mclaren I don't know what will

love it.

Tony.

Continuing with the Dutch theme (sorry), here's another orange one for you - Bas Jansen's JA Special at the Cobham Trial in 2011.

There is another famous orange Chummy in the ScA7C Tony!

photo 68853FDF-C3A4-4681-8464-D8C212AF1189_zpszwlgrmws.jpg

i thought thay were all red/maroon in scotland

tony