Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Box saloon AME 249

All you Friends who are good at tracking down Sevens - have you any current info on the above car please? The Autocar issue of October 13th, 1933 included the following advertisement :
"Austin De Luxe Saloon AME 249, 7hp engine M170061, chassis black 172132, green hide upholstery, 4 seater, Dunlop tyres. Stolen Eccleston Place SW1, 22/9/33. Reward. Information Police, or Bingham, 10 St.James St., SW1".
If the car still exists, or anyone now owns some of the aforementioned components, they may be interested that the car or bits have a history!
Cheers, Bill

Re: Box saloon AME 249

Anything to do with disappearing aristocrats?

Martin, you may be interested in that Lord Lucan was allegedly seen here in Oz recently, apparently accompanied by Elvis Presley at the time. Re the car's owner, there may be some connection, but our aristocrat wasn't born until the following year. Cheers, Bill

Nah. Can't have been in Oz. He drinks at our local. So not a Lucan connection, then?

What caught my eye was "Bingham", family name of the Earls of Lucan.

I'm pretty sure that Eccleston Place, from where the car was stolen, joins Lower Belgrave Street, where the later infamous Lucan residence is located.

I believe that there's a St James' St connection with them as well. As addresses go, you don't get much posher. I'm surprised that anyone in SW1 would admit to having lost an Austin Seven!

It was probably bought for the servants to use .

Keep the Roller for best .

Merv