Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bearing Retaining Collar, 31/32 Rear Axle Torque Tube

I can help you after Easter - let me know then if nothing turns up in the mean time.

Is it l/h or r/h thread Winston ?

So, now back in the workshop, i have examined the torque tube, and in the light of the comments above, i find it is a left hand thread, which makes me even more reluctant to go with Charles' suggestion (yet!), I also find that is a brazed together torque tube! Sorry Robert......Any help much appreciated! W

Winston Teague
So, now back in the workshop, i have examined the torque tube, and in the light of the comments above, i find it is a left hand thread, which makes me even more reluctant to go with Charles' suggestion (yet!), I also find that is a brazed together torque tube! Sorry Robert......Any help much appreciated! W

Are you a man or a mouse Winston? My lathe has a big lever marked "LH/RH" to make it easy!

Or wait for Ruaraidh to get back after Easter.....

Charles

Hi
I have just unearthed a complete torque tube intact with pinion which has a screw in retainer.( the pinion looks good )
I had to look in the John Platts picture book to ID it.
I think it was fitted to a later D type axle which was in the collection of spare parts I inherited from my father.

I need to have another dive into the dark corners to find the 1933/4 torque tube I am after.

I have no need of the 1932 torque tube assembly.
I have not looked to work out if it is left or right hand thread, it has been dot punched to lock the ring.

I will be at Wiscombe in May

Cheers Richard

This is exciting, if I have any of the bits you need do let me know. Many thanks, W