Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin seven special with Dual SU, straight floating?

stuart ulph
Dave is right about the fuel pressure, of course. If you are using a Facet type pump the pressure will definitely be too high and the solution may be a fuel pressure reducing valve.

Regards,
Stuart

I think it may depend on which Facet pump as they come in different pressures some are only 1-2 psi while others will put out 10 psi and the Chinese knock offs could be any pressure.

Cheers,

Mark

@Ruairidh Dunford - thank you very much, i have room but as i have an original period inlet manifold i would like to keep it original...

@Dave Armstrong - thank you Dave, i have the original depression fuel pump (not tested the car until now) so i assume
fuel pressure is right... do you think a facet or electric fuel pump will be needed in any case?

I have not done the complete test as i have a problem with my starter motor, but will do the checks of the carbs...

Thank you everyone for the support!

Ruairidh Dunford
Do you have enough room to adjust the angle on the inlet pipes so the carbs sit straight like the setup below?

The lengths people will go to in order to prevent the UJ hitting the handbrake!