Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hydraulic dampers on TT works cars?

The Luvax damper on the rear is mounted to a two piece casting on the axle. I now have these castings. It occurs to me there very well not be a good photo of the linkage. Maybe a case for making what looks right and more importantly works!
Simon Thomas

My goodness, this is becoming hard work. Eric I'll possibly forgive you if you haven't got a Source Book and haven't seen seen p271 otherwise I give up ! The photo that I took quite a lot of trouble over is of the rear shock absorbers !!! So they are fitted to the front and back axles.

My goodness, this is becoming hard work. Eric I'll possibly forgive you if you haven't got a Source Book and haven't seen seen p271 otherwise I give up ! The photo that I took quite a lot of trouble over is of the o/s rear shock absorber !!! So they are fitted to the front and back axles.

Apologies Erich, I missed out the h in your name in my earlier odd double post...don't know how that happened i.e. the double post !!

Sorry, all. I don't have a Source book so I'm going to have to get a copy.

That might be quite expensive, if you can find one . I think there is a reprint in the making.