Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Half shaft

Wow- good luck with the puller after that

I suspect the thread might shear off after a couple of runs in a good Trial - but worth a try anyway.

Cheers, Tony.

Tony Press
Wow- good luck with the puller after that

I suspect the thread might shear off after a couple of runs in a good Trial - but worth a try anyway.

Cheers, Tony.

Its only ever going to come appart with a cutting disc now, no pullers will be hurt in its removal. I guess it will last either 5 minutes or 5 years, time will tell.

hi stuart,

i guess its worth a try, if time is tight to to it properly.

i know many who trial and race, i now people can spend alot of money on racing. its not because they have alot of money. it for reliability.

the thinking is there is no point spending £300 for a hillclimb to find you brake down on the first corner.

tony

tony betts
hi stuart,

i guess its worth a try, if time is tight to to it properly.

i know many who trial and race, i now people can spend alot of money on racing. its not because they have alot of money. it for reliability.

the thinking is there is no point spending £300 for a hillclimb to find you brake down on the first corner.

tony

Lucky trials aren't that kind of money then Tony! Entry was in and non refundable, no time to rebuild the axle, no spare axle.

Not being afraid to admit I'm wrong, I can confirm that welding the hub on did not work! It failed after about 3 miles, with a loud clunk. On my 5 mile trip to get Fuel, there is only one place where you really do not want to break down. A narrow hill, between two sharp bends on the main road through Dawlish, guess where it broke?

A proper axle rebuild will now take place, at some point in the future, when there is space to get the car in the garage, and time to do it.

Stuart.

Whilst torque causes most problems I guess it is tilt which broke the weld. It would be difficult to engage such a rough taper rigidly. The surprise is that did not lock inside the diff.

It could also be that your welding is not up to much😜