Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re:"Export" engine features....

Or even Ruairidh

Re: "Export" engine features....

R, the deep fined sump is not something I have encountered here (NZ), the other items appear common on the later models. I guess it is possible there may have been some variation in the specifications dependent on location?

Re: \"Export\" engine features....

R,

I asked Bill about this - he agreed that the only engines imported into Australia with large sumps could have been a very few of the less usual sports versions.
The standard import would have been the basic UK model Chummy until the introduction of air cleaners and four blade fans with cast iron pulleys.

Tony.

Hey Ross,

Great to hear from you again - thanks for that tip, much appreciated.

I had a cast aluminium sump once - went with my Nippy when I sold it. I believe it was a locally cast replica, but I have also seen an original Nippy sump which looked just the same.
You may (or may not) be interested to know that Bantam used a pressed steel sump which was the same depth front to rear, i.e. the bottom sloped to match the bottom of the crankcase. Thus the bottom presents itself more effectively to the air flow, and also, all the crud migrates to the rear where the drain plug is.

Thanks Ivan

Good evening all.
I recently acquired a four bladed fan attached by four bolts to a cast iron pulley similar to the mag type. I trialed fitted it to the Ruby but found that a standard fan belt is too short - so is the export fan belt longer?
Our Thetis marine engine is fitted with an export carb which is in poor condition. I recall someone advertising replacements but cannot find the thread. Are they still available?
Regards
Stuart

Hi Stuart, is it the side draft or updraft carb you need or just the air filter assy for one? The four blade fan pulleys use a sports width belt, they also appear to come in several diameters what size is the one you have?