Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super Accessories

I have one of the steering wedges shown in the diagram - assumed it was home-made, quite a crude affair.

We appear to have everything except the wheel spinners and the downwards exhaust manifold on our special. Nice to be able to confirm that they are Super Accessories parts.

Something for the weekend sir?

https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/products/rw805b-dummy-knock-on-wheel-centres

I have a copy of the later Super Accessories catalogue which came with some paperwork a few years back - same address but with 14 pages including the "Cadet" 2 Seater fibreglass Sports as well as the "Super" 2 Seater, with all component parts and prices.
The front cover has pictures of both bodies and the back page still has the sketches of the front axle and other components.
The book is undated but Colin Peck is listed as Secretary of the 750 Club.

I also have a rather more professional booklet from Cambridge Engineering - probably from the same source.

Cheers, Tony.

At the age of eight or nine, I made the mistake of asking my hairdresser why he always asked the previous client that.

The answer was unhelpful.

As for the wheel centres, I'm afraid that they'd cover up my "Austin" script, so lovingly shotblasted and powder-coated by Mr Dunford Snr.

They are listed at 34/-, for a set of 5 £1.70 in today's money. A bit cheaper than £96.00 for 4...

Ah, Super Accessories! I remember cycling to their special-builders' emporium in Bromley, and seeing rows of fibre-glass bodies hanging from hooks, like carcasses at the butcher's shop. Then they moved to Lewisham High Street, not far from the foundry in Ladywell where their alloy castings were made. They transferred their affections to tuning parts for Minis, including the inevitable 'go faster' chequered tape.

Collectors of useless information may like to know that some of the Super Accessories exhaust manifolds were presented in a rather fetching gold paint finish when new. A challenge for the restorer?

Regards,
Stuart

I seldom hear of the Super Accessories mentioned on here, does anyone else in the group own one or am I the only one, I have been told that there is only about 19 still in existence/on record, is this correct! if it is then maybe I am the only one.

Hi, yes I also have a "super 750" and still retains original tuning equipment ie Cambridge head tappet cover and deep alloy sump +40th pistons, double valve springs four branch exhaust manifold and downdraught solex B26 on alloy inlet manifold, remote gear change fltened springs Ulster type front axle with bowdenex front brakes, girl ing rears, all in original condition etc a great little car that's lots of fun, so here's two, any more to come, we could start a register !

Well that's two of us then Peter, I understand that thers not many original ones left out there about 19 I was told! your engine and running gear mods etc sounds pretty much the same as mine, "ANY MORE OUT THERE"