Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 65/Nippy exhaust system...

Reading the 2007 thread, does Tony Law still do them and did you find it fitted well, Dave? I noticed he was in the red book still and wondered.

I've seen three routings; the early standard ones as per Nick's car, the standard later nippy exiting at the front... and the converted (mine and another I've seen recently) exiting at the front but passing ABOVE the radius arm. (If anyone needs a pattern for the latter I've got my old one, but want to keep it if its borrowed)

I'm still trying to work out when the changeover occured for front to rear exit on the 65s. It seems to be pre-180000-ish, but if anyone has more knowledge for cars before/after that, let me know!

Hi Jon,

Your post reminded me I must have had trouble fitting it or concerns about ground clearance as I never fitted it. If anyone wants the front section let me know.

I ended up modifying the other exhaust in the picture (I think this came from the Seven Workshop) to take a route similar to the one shown on Nicholas's car.

Unfortunately our cherished suppliers don't, or didn't, make a system for the RNs so I made up one from the parts that were available. Then I found a local stainless steel exhaust system manufacturer who copied it for our other cars and was pleasantly surprised at how good a job they did.

I think that Tony Law exhausts can help you R.
The guy who runs it is called Paul
tel 01132715422.

Thank you all very much and apologies for the tardy acknowledgement of your help.